WIN YOUR TRIP CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility: The Win Your Trip Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to entrants who, as of the date of entry, are nineteen (19) years of age or older and (a) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Rhode Island, New York and Florida) or the District of Columbia; or (b) legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec). This Contest is void outside such eligible territories (including in the Province of Quebec, Rhode Island, New York and Florida) and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Canadian Mountain Holidays LP (“Sponsor”), Canadian Mountain Holidays Inc., Alterra Mountain Company, and each of their respective parents, affiliates (including, without limitation, division), subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such Employee, officer or director, are not eligible to enter.
1. Timing: The Contest entry period begins at 12:00 pm Mountain Daylight Time (“MDT”) on October 4, 2019 and ends at 11:59pm MDT on March 31, 2020 (the “Entry Period”).
2. How to Enter: To enter the Contest for a chance to win the prize (described in Rule 6), attend one (1) of the CMH Promotion Events listed below (each, an “Event”) and (a) complete and submit the Official Entry Form, or (b) book a Trip during or within seven (7) days of attending an Event to be automatically entered into the Contest. If submitting an Official Entry Form, all required fields must be completed, including your full name, postal or zip code, daytime telephone number, e-mail address and country of residence. All entries must be received during the Entry Period.
|Event Date||Event Location|
|October 4, 2019||Portland, OR|
|October 5, 2019||Seattle, WA|
|October 7, 2019||Bend, OR|
|October 10, 2019||Chicago, IL|
|October 12, 2019||Gaithersburg, MD|
|October 14, 2019||Pittsburgh, PA|
|October 15, 2019||San Francisco, CA|
|October 15, 2019||Washington, DC|
|October 16, 2019||Berwyn, PA|
|October 16, 2019||Edmonton, AB|
|October 17, 2019||Salt Lake City, UT|
|October 17, 2019||St. Albert, AB|
|October 23, 2019||San Francisco, CA|
|October 25-27, 2019||Denver, CO|
|October 26, 2019||San Francisco, CA|
|November 1-3, 2019||Portland, OR|
|November 2-3, 2019||San Francisco, CA|
|November 9-10, 2019||Santa Clara, CA|
|November 13, 2019||Boston, MA|
|November 14-17, 2019||Boston, MA|
|November 20, 2019||San Francisco, CA|
|November 21, 2019||Calgary, AB|
|November 22-23, 2019||Portland, OR|
|December 2-4, 2019||Los Angeles, CA|
|December 5, 2019||Calgary, AB|
|January 10-12, 2020||Steamboat, CO|
|January 17-20, 2020||Vail, CO|
|January 23-26, 2020||Aspen, CO|
|February 14-17, 2020||Deer Valley, UT|
|February 21-23, 2020||Solitude, UT|
|March 13-15, 2020||Crystal, WA|
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON DURING THE CONTEST. ANY PERSON ATTENDING MORE THAN ONE (1) EVENT WILL STILL ONLY BE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER THE CONTEST ONCE. ANY PERSON FOUND ENTERING THE CONTEST MORE THAN ONCE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. All entrants and entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/or information provided by a potential prize winner. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification activities.
4. Agreement to Official Rules and Decisions: By participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. Drawing; Odds; Notification: On or around March 31, 2020 12:00pm MDT at Sponsor’s offices located in Banff, Alberta, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor in the Contest. The potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email. The potential winner selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (a “Declaration and Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Declaration and Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Declaration and Release. If a potential winner is a resident of Canada, he/she will also first be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind whatsoever mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question in no more than five (5) minutes, the test to be administered by telephone, in order to be eligible to win the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if a potential winner who is a Canadian resident fails to correctly answer the skill testing question in the manner prescribed, or if a potential winner fails to return the Declaration and Release with the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or if a potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected by Sponsor in the Contest. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet its Contest schedule.
6. Prize: Subject to the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, one (1) prize will be awarded in the Contest. The prize consists of a CMH Heli-skiing Trip for one (1) at Canadian Mountain Holidays. Approximate retail value (“AVR”) of the prize is $10,050 CDN. Private and Exclusive Heli-skiing trips are excluded from this prize. If a potential winner was automatically entered into the Contest at the time he/she booked a CMH Heli-Skiing Trip during the Entry Period, or if a potential winner had booked a trip for the 2019-20 season prior to the Entry Period, then Prize shall consist of the trip in question. If a potential winner entered the Contest by submitting a completed Official Entry Form, then the Prize shall consist of a CMH Signature Heli-skiing Trip selected by Sponsor. Trip must be booked by April 30th, 2020 and completed by May 31st, 2021 and blackout periods do apply. Winner will be notified of how to redeem prize and will be responsible for booking airfare and accommodations prior to and following the trip. Arrangements are all subject to space availability. Once confirmed, accommodation arrangements cannot be changed. The winner will be responsible for all costs, expenses and incidentals that are not specifically stated as being included in the prize, including but not limited to, airfare, accommodations before and following the trip, personal items, food, alcohol purchases, extra skiing meters, refund in case of unmet vertical feet quote, massages, CMH shop purchases, gratuities, taxes, and insurance. The winner is responsible for ensuring that he/she has any and all required travel documentation and identification, including passports and visas as applicable, and to ensure that such travel documentation or identification is valid prior to and for the entire duration of travel, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. It is recommended that the winner obtain sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure. If the winner decides not to travel, no credit or reimbursement will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen travel documents. If the winner is not able to book the trip by April 30th, 2020 and/or complete the trip by May 31st, 2021 the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded. Prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit, except as otherwise provided in these Official Rules. Prize must be accepted as awarded. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WINNER ASSUMES ANY AND ALL RISKS OF USING THE PRIZE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJUYR OR DEATH. No prize substitutions, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of comparable or greater value (including cash) if the prize (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Unused components of the prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with prize award, redemption, receipt and use not specified in the prize description above, including, without limitation, all international, federal, state and local taxes on the prize. Winner may be required to provide Social Security number for tax reporting purposes. Winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the prize. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Contest may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded.
7. Publicity: Except where by prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state/province and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
8. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award prize at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Contest. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
9. Release: By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
11. Disputes: Entrant agrees that, except to the extent prohibited by law: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in the Province of Alberta; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the Province of Alberta for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with entering this Contest but in no event legal or attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket costs, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Alberta, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the Province of Alberta, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Alberta.
12. Data Collection: Entrants provide personal information on the entry form when they enter this Contest. Sponsor collects this information and uses it to administer this Contest.
When you enter the Contest, you will be given an opportunity to consent to receive marketing and promotional communications from Sponsor and/or its affiliates. Consenting to receive such emails and information is optional, and is not necessary to enter or win this Contest, nor will it increase or improve your chances of winning.
13. Official Rules: These Official Rules are available during each Event, at https://www.cmhheli.com/contests/fall2019contest or a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to Canadian Mountain Holidays, LP, Box 1660, 217 Bear Street, Banff, AB, Canada T1l, 1J6, Attn: Patty Lister. Vermont and Canadian residents may omit return postage.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian Mountain Holidays LP, Box 1660, 217 Bear Street, Banff, AB, Canada T1l, 1J6, Attn: Patty Lister.