perfectly paced skiing9 guests, 3 ski guides
historic ski lodgessteeped in stories
incredible heli-skiingjust as you remember it
Heli-Skiing at a leisurely pace
1 group, 9 guests, 3 guides, 1 Bell 212 Helicopter, shared use
When skiing is your passion – it stays with you for life. It is in that spirit that we developed our Powder Masters Heli-Skiing program. For those who still feel euphoric when making turns through knee-deep powder but prefer an unrushed pace, this program focuses on the quality of skiing rather than the quantity of runs. With just 9 guests and 3 ski guides, these groups cater to those craving a more leisurely experience.
Timeless Lodge Life
Some things never change, including the dynamic atmosphere within our many ski lodges. You will share the Heli-Ski lodge with everyone else, as evenings are well-spent telling tall tales around the bar and enjoying hearty meals in the dining room.
Heli-Ski at the perfect pace and in the best place
Iconic both in name and in nature - the Powder Masters Heli-Skiing program runs at the Bugaboos and Cariboos Lodges for good reason. The areas are synonymous with Heli-Skiing history and the varied terrain at each allows you to access impeccable skiing within the heart of the mountains.
Book Your Dream Trip
The passion for Heli-Skiing never really fades. Our Powder Masters program will keep you on the slopes as long as your spirit is willing, while at a relaxed pace and under the watchful eyes of three guides.
frequently asked questions
- How fit do I need to be to Heli-Ski?
A typical CMH Heli-Skiing Guest is:
- a strong intermediate to advanced skier/rider
- able to ski/ride in control on most terrain and willing to try black diamond runs
- comfortable in a variety of snow conditions
- fit enough to ski/ride for consecutive days
- someone who has skied/ridden actively at mountain resorts for a few seasons
- Can my kids ski with me? Can I bring my non-skiing partner/family member?
For the enjoyment of everyone in the group, we recommend only those suitable for the relaxed pace of the Powder Masters program book a place on this trip. And yes, you can absolutely bring your non-skiing partner or family member!
- How fit do I need to be to Heli-Ski?
As with any CMH Heli-Skiing trip, you’ll get the most out of your time with us if both your ability and fitness are in-line with the following:
- You’re a strong intermediate to advanced skier/rider
- You’re able to ski/ride in control on most terrain and willing to try black diamond runs
- You are comfortable in a variety of snow conditions
- You are fit enough to ski/ride for consecutive days
- You are someone who has skied/ridden actively at mountain resorts for a few seasons
- What does a typical day look like - do I have to ski all day? How many runs will I get in a day? How much vertical will I ski?
Your morning will begin with a gentle wake-up bell followed by a stretch class in the fitness room – we highly recommend joining each morning to prepare your body for the day. Breakfast follows, then you prepare for your first heli flight of the day. Your return to the lodge changes with the time of year or weather conditions. Depending on the area in which you’re heli-skiing, you may have the chance to return to the lodge during the day.
How much vertical you ski each day is dependant on weather and safety conditions as well as the pace of the ski groups. Each trip comes with a vertical guarantee based on the length of the trip. Visit our Vertical - What’s Included, Guaranteed & Refunded page to see the vertical guarantee for our Powder Masters Heli-Skiing trips.
- What's included in my trip? What should I pack?
All of CMH’s Heli-Skiing trips include accommodation at one of our spectacular lodges, food and non-premium non-alcoholic beverages, certified guides and helicopter pilots, safety training and the use of specially designed Heli-Skis. Our What’s Included page will give you full details on everything that is included.
For our Powder Masters Heli-Skiing trips, we would recommend you pack the following:
- Ski or snowboard boots (mandatory)
- Snowboard, if required (NOTE: We do have some snowboards available to rent. Visit our What’s Included page to learn more
- Snow pants and warm coat
- Hard shell or one-piece suit
- Goggles/mitts or gloves
- Wool hat or toque
- Multi-layer clothing for skiing
- 3-4 pairs of comfortable, warm socks
- Light workout clothes for morning stretch class
- Bathing suit for hot tub or sauna
- Indoor shoes or slippers
- Casual clothing for in the lodge
- Optional items: alarm clock, camera, binoculars, collapsible poles (for snowboarders), spare snowboard parts (as listed in the Snowboard Gear form you will receive when you book)
While we recommend helmets be worn on all Heli-Skiing trips, helmets are only mandatory for Steep Shots & Pillow Drops, and Steep Camp.
- What is the pace like in the Powder Masters program?
It is slow and steady with an emphasis on quality over quantity. Taking the rush out of Heli-Skiing and getting back to focusing on what we’re all here to do: ski great powder!
- How many guides are there in the Powder Masters program?
There are always three guides! One lead guide, and two guides at the back of the group to assist guests as needed.