more runsless waiting
up to five guestsper group
flexibletailor your turns
NEW for winter 2019: Small Group, Powder Intro
Small Group Heli-Skiing meets the Powder Intro program to create an entirely new experience for you. Make the best turns of your life on this specialized 4-person program that includes skiing tips along with video analysis to track your progress. This trip is best suited to strong intermediate/advanced skiers and riders who want their first taste of backcountry powder in the alpine-laden Adamants, at a moderate-relaxed pace.
Small Group, Powder Intro | CMH Adamants | December 21-28, 2019, April 9-14, 2020 and April 14-19, 2020
More turns, more terrain
The groups are small, but the opportunities for deep snow and boot busting lines are huge. A smaller group of similarly-skilled skiers gives you the flexibility to hop from glaciers to glades and fit more vertical feet in each day.
A half-century of safe skiing
For over 50 years, we’ve led the way in big mountain safety. We use the most advanced safety equipment available, our helis are put through a rigorous inspection every day, and our guides have the extensive training and decades of on-mountain experience to ensure your trip is equal parts spectacular and safe.
Stay together, play together
You came for the powder skiing but there’s a reason you brought friends. Like you, all of our small group-friendly lodges excel at the après – so whether your crew wants to mellow in the hot springs near CMH Kootenay* or turn your “downtime” into a high-octane adventure at CMH Bobbie Burns, you’ve got options.
* Formerly CMH K2
Book Your Dream Trip
Plush lodges, a helicopter and a group with one shared goal: fresh, untracked snow. Round up a crew or come solo; either way small group trips maximize your mountain time with like-minded powder hounds.
Small Group Family Adventure
A rare opportunity that’s only available for December 2019. Combine family time with one of the best Heli-Skiing experiences possible. Enjoy the ability to snag fresh tracks with the younger members of your family on this one-of-a-kind Small Group trip.
Small Group Powder Intro
Combining two incredible experiences into one ultimate trip for first-time Heli-Skiers and snowboarders. Ideal for strong intermediate/advanced skiers and riders looking to get a taste of backcountry conditions at a moderate-relaxed pace. This is a rare opportunity, don’t miss your chance.
frequently asked questions
- If we have our own group can we ski together all the time?
Our guides reserve the right to form the groups based on a variety of factors, including overall weight for the helicopter and skiing/riding ability of the group. They will do their best to accommodate all group requests.
- Is the skiing faster than the Signature trips?
Yes, the pace is faster than a Signature trip, as groups of up to 5 skiers can manoeuver faster through the terrain and in and out of the helicopter than a group of 11 can.
- How fit do I need to be to Heli-Ski?
A typical CMH Heli-Skiing Guest is:
- a strong intermediate to advanced skier/rider
- able to ski/ride in control on most terrain and willing to try black diamond runs
- comfortable in a variety of snow conditions
- fit enough to ski/ride for consecutive days
- someone who has skied/ridden actively at mountain resorts for a few seasons
- How many runs will I ski? Do I get more vertical?
You have the opportunity to get more vertical due to group size and pace of the program. The number of runs will be based on pace of the groups, weather conditions and terrain. Each trip comes with a vertical guarantee based on the length of the trip. Visit our What’s Included page to see the vertical guarantee for our Small Group Heli-Skiing trips.
- Can my kids ski with me? Can I bring my non-skiing partner/family member?
Children 16 - 18 are permitted to ski on a Small Group Trip as long as they ski/ride with their parents/guardians. You can bring a non-skier to any of our lodges - we have a variety of amenities they can take advantage of while you are skiing.
- What's included in my trip? What should I pack?
All of CMH’s Heli-Skiing trips include accommodation at one of our spectacular lodges, food and non-alcoholic beverages, certified guides and helicopter pilots, safety training and the use of specially designed Heli-Skis. Our What’s Included page will give you full details on everything that is included.
For our Small Group Heli-Skiing trips, we would recommend you pack the following:
- Ski or snowboard boots
- Snowboard, if required (NOTE: We do have some snowboards available to rent. Visit our What’s Included page to learn more
- Snow pants and warm coat
- Hard shell or one-piece suit
- Goggles/mitts or gloves
- Wool hat or toque
- Multi-layer clothing for skiing
- 3-4 pairs of comfortable, warm socks
- Light workout clothes for morning stretch class
- Bathing suit for hot tub or sauna
- Indoor shoes or slippers
- Casual clothing for in the lodge
- Optional items: alarm clock, camera, binoculars, collapsible poles (for snowboarders), spare snowboard parts (as listed in the Snowboard Gear form you will receive when you book)
While we recommend helmets be worn on all Heli-Skiing trips, helmets are only mandatory for Steep Shots & Pillow Drops, and Steep Camp.